Visa information

If you plan to attend the conference, please consider that you might need a “Standard Visitor Visa” to come to UK and that you have to apply for it in time. Check if you need it for your country of birth here:

VISA application can be done at the UK government website:

Please note, for attending a conference

  • You should apply for a “Standard Visitor Visa” NOT a “study visa”.
  • The purpose for travel should be “to attend a conference” NOT “study”.
  • Presenting a paper or workshop counts as normal unpaid conference activity.


To apply for a VISA, you might need a letter of invitation.

Authors and co-authors can obtain invitation letters automatically through PaperPlaza.

  • If you are an author or co-author of an accepted HUMANOIDS paper: just log in PaperPlaza, go to your workspace and click on “Request an acceptance letter” for your paper.


Only non-authors need to ask University of Birmingham.

  • If you are not an author, you must first register for the conference, then submit the webform. For ‘person who invited you‘, please put Professor Ales Leonardis, (the General Chair of the conference).